Last week I had the pleasure of watching the Wonderful Hearts Summer 2008 Concert. And boy, it was a joy to watch. I could write about everything but that would be such a long boring post. So I will simply write highlights and my most important thoughts regarding the concert in general. And of course I include pictures for fear that it would be too boring of a post otherwise (which come on… we all know it would be).
Comments : 2 Comments »
Tags: Berryz Koubou, C-ute, concert, Egg, High-King, Inaba Atsuko, Junjun, Kamei Eri, Kusumi Koharu, Linlin, Makoto, Manatsu no Kousen, Mitsui Aika, Momoko Tsuganaga, Morning Musume, Niigaki Risa, Resonant Blue, Sugaya Risako, Summer 2008, Suzuki Airi, Tanaka Reina, Tropical Koishiteru, Wonderful Hearts, Yajima Maimi
Categories : Berryz Koubou, Buono!, C-ute, Hello! Project, High-King, J-Pop, Morning Musume, Music, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Niigaki Risa, Reviews, Wonderful Hearts
The Elder Club is hot (most of em, imo). But they’re being dropped soon. I couldn’t believe it when I heard the news. And if you are a wota and you like H!P in anyway, then you know already. If not, then I’m glad I was the first to inform you.
That entire group of girls right there will be graduating March 31st of the year 2009. Wow, that’s lot… about 25 girls (I did a quick count, I apologize if I’m off) are going to be “graduated”. From what I understand they’ll still be a part of UFA, maybe. Either that or they’ll continue their lives as stars in some way and others will just go back to a normal life (though that in itself will take time). Here’s my perspective on the big move as a whole.
Old Morning Musume members:
- Nakazawa… the leader of all H!P, the commander in chief who wields 50+ girls at her disposal!!! Though I know she hasn’t really done much of anything in the past couple of years. It’s a really big shock to me. When I first saw Morning Musume on Hello! Morning, she was there. I remember Nakazawa Yuko as Morning Musume. It does sadden me to see her go.
- Yaguchi Mari… my I love her too. She seems to be pretty set as a TV personality for now so she’s got something to do. Yasuda Kei is also acting in some things so she’s pretty set. Abe Natsumi, the face of Morning Musume no more… for many years now and maybe now she can be the face of herself or the face of some other group/record label. She really hasn’t been doing much lately anyway.
- Oddly enough I don’t see Mikitty up there^… But she hasn’t been doing much lately either (I believe she’s doing a Grease musical right now?). Love her voice, so let’s see if she’ll continue singing.
- Yossie and Ishikawa are doing Hangry and Angry (which I need to look into soon) and I guess it’s a one-shot deal if they’re going to be graduating in like half a year. H!P is really famous for all these one-shot groups. Yossie has got her own tv show though, so I think she’ll still stick around and do stuff. And Ishikawa, well she has a lot of fans so I don’t see her stopping for anything.
- Iida and Tsuji are busy being mothers. Maybe they will come back and do something but for now I’d count them out of it.
- Ogawa was pretty much already gone. I never really identified with her anyway. Konno, awww I liked Konno. Now she can go and completely focus on her studies I guess.
And the others:
- Melon Kinenbi… hahahaha they…. yea….I don’t really listen to them. So I can’t say much. I will admit I have a softspot for Megumi’s glasses. So I hope to see her wearing her glasses someday again. ^_^
- Inaba Atsuko does about as much as Ayaka has in the past years before Ayaka even stopped doing stuff.
- Maeda Yuki doesn’t do much either, she may just become an obscure enka singer.
- ex-Biyuuden… I was amused to hear the idea that Yui should become a gravure idol from another blog. But that sure would make a lot of sense, I have to admit. Erika can keep singing… somewhere.
- Matsuura Aya, I definitely want to see her continuing entertainment. I really like Ayaya. She’s cool.
- Ongaku Gatas: I can see Satoda Mai graduating. But just like everyone else, I’d be confused about the eggs graduating too. They haven’t been given that much time but I guess it’s time for Tsunku to axe the eggs.
I wonder why the sudden move to graduate everyone. I guess it makes sense since half of (if not 3/4) the Elder Club is sitting around doing nothing. I’m sure it’s a ploy to squeeze some sales. Or maybe it has something to do with the economy? (Hah, I hope not).
The one thing that really irks me is… This means Takahashi will now be receiving the black uniform that Nakazawa once donned. Takahashi, the star of the 5th generation of Morning Musume is now… not only the leader of Morning Musume, the flagship group of Hello! Project, but now she’s the commander in chief of all of Hello! Project. Hah, that means my love, Gaki-san is vice. Hopefully this is a good move. I hope this will give some more quality to the big three groups of H!P (Berryz, C-ute, and Morning Musume). Admittedly, I only recently started getting into the H!P kids. And hell, they’re really not kids anymore, in a matter of a couple more years they may as well just be Morning Musume’s sisters.
On another sidenote, this HAS to mean Takahashi has to be the face of Hello! Project now. She’s gotten so much special treatment for this moment. She’s either going solo sometime soon or she’s going to be stuck in Morning Musume. Not that I mind. I like her so no problem with me.
But I will miss the old days and the fact that those old days are going away now. But not all change is bad right? I hope so.
Congratulations to all and I hope their life after H!P is successful and prosperous!
~Siggy, who felt compelled to write this post after joining wotachat~
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: Berryz Koubou, Biyuuden, C-ute, Elder Club, Fujimoto Miki, Hello! Project, Iida Kaori, Inaba Atsuko, Ishikawa Rika, J-Pop, Konno Asami, Maeda Yuki, Matsuura Aya, Melon Kinenbi, Morning Musume, Nakazawa Yuko, Niigaki Risa, Ogawa Makoto, Ongaku Gatas, Takahashi Ai, Tsuji Nozomi, Tsunku, UFA, Wota, Yaguchi Mari, Yasuda Kei, Yoshizawa Hitomi
Categories : Obsessions